Headlines News :
Home » , , , , » Behrami glad to be back

Behrami glad to be back

Written By Sizzling LEO on Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 10:58 AM

Swiss ace believes he returns to Serie A as a better player

Valon Behrami is excited to be back in Italy and believes he returns from a spell at West Ham a better player.

The Switzerland international has completed a switch from the Hammers to Fiorentina, penning a three-and-a-half-year contract.

Having previously turned out for Genoa, Verona and Lazio, the versatile 25-year-old needs no introduction to life in Serie A.

He believes he will slip seamlessly back into the Italian top flight, with his three years in England having helped to improve his game.

"I enjoyed my time in English football, it is very physical with less pressure than the game in Italy," said Behrami at his official Fiorentina unveiling.

"I think I have picked up valuable experience and I have grown as a player, mostly physically.

"In Italy we complain a lot about our football but when we go we miss it, it is so beautiful.
Interest

"I had a lot of clubs interested in me but when [Fiorentina's sporting director, Pantaleo] Corvino approached me I had no doubts about where I wanted to go.

"I think I arrive here stronger than I have ever been and I want to do well and give my all.

"My favourite position is on the right of a midfield three, but I can also play on the wing. I will try to help Fiorentina in whatever way I can."

On the deal to bring Behrami back to Italy, Corvino said: "Behrami is a player we have had to battle hard for because the initial asking price from West Ham was very high.

"In the end we closed for €2million (£1.7m) plus a percentage of [Manuel] Da Costa, who we still part owned.

"With his arrival and that of Neto, I declare our market closed.

"[Juan Manuel] Vargas will be going nowhere. Fiorentina will not be selling anybody."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger