Headlines News :
Home » , » Devon demands a rematch

Devon demands a rematch

Written By Sizzling LEO on Sunday, January 30, 2011 | 10:31 PM

Devon Alexander immediately called for a rematch with Timothy Bradley after losing their light-welterweight unification fight.

The St Louis man was forced to surrender his WBC belt after the fight was called off in the 10th round because of a cut over his right eye, picked up in the third.

All three judges had Bradley ahead at that stage and gave him 97-93, 96-95, 98-93 unanimous technical decision.

Bradley has already said he is willing to fight Amir Khan or even Floyd Mayweather next, but Alexander wants to trigger the rematch clause as soon as possible.

"It don't matter who I fight but there's a rematch clause and I've got to fight Bradley next, so we'll get it on," he told HBO's Larry Merchant.

Alexander also claims he lost the fight because of Bradley's continual butting.

There were at least three obvious head clashes, not least in the third, the eighth and 10th rounds, but he claimed it was happening all the time.

And although he did little persuade the ringside physician to let him fight on, he insists it was the forehead and not the fists of Bradley that were behind his first defeat as a pro.

"I couldn't see - it was burning," he said. "I've never been headbutted like that before; he's got a big head. I couldn't see at all. He came in full force, I couldn't see it, the doctor said it was in a bad position so he stopped the fight. I'm upset.

"You can't work on headbutts in camp, you work to box his head off with skills and that's what we did - but the referee stopped the fight.

"He didn't stop me from using my skills; I thought I was winning the fight. He couldn't handle my power and I thought I was hurting him too.

"He kept rushing in with his head and I can count six headbutts he got me with... but no excuses."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger