Headlines News :
Home » , , , , » Harry admits Forlan liking

Harry admits Forlan liking

Written By Sizzling LEO on Saturday, January 22, 2011 | 11:30 AM

Spurs keen on Atletico ace

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp admits his trip to Spain in midweek was to check on Atletico Madrid ace Diego Forlan.

Spurs' manager has long been a confirmed admirer of the Uruguayan star, and his interest does not appear to be waning after he went to the Spanish capital on Thursday to check on him in person.

Forlan played for Atletico in the second-leg of their Copa Del Rey clash with rivals Real Madrid, who won 1-0.

Redknapp has confirmed he would love to land Forlan, but admits he would have to take an unlikely drop in wages to join his side.

"He's an interesting player," admitted Redknapp upon his return.

"I didn't speak to anyone last night about him, I just went and watched the game really.

"Diego Forlan has been mentioned but we are not going to get near their wages. They are on 100 grand-plus a week, they are not going to come here."

Mugged

Meanwhile, Redknapp revealed he was mugged outside the stadium whilst in Spain.

"I'm walking round the outside of the stadium, it's a fantastic atmosphere, there's all little stalls there selling sweets," said Redknapp - who was unhurt in the incident.

"I got some sweets, me and Kevin [Bond], and it was so packed. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and I felt someone pull my overcoat.

"I thought 'What's that?', and didn't take any notice. The next thing there's two guys on their knees in front of me and they've got my trousers and they keep doing this (tugging) with them, pulling them.

"I thought 'What are you doing?' The next thing he's got my keys on the floor. I didn't know whether to knee him in the gob or not.

"And I thought 'Is he a blind man or someone having trouble walking properly. What are they doing, these two blokes?'

"I'm going: 'Let go of my trousers', pushing them away. While I'm doing that they're rifling my pockets, there were about six of them. And then they went.

"I thought 'What are they doing?'. I went to put my hand in my pockets and realised what they'd done. They took everything. All my money, credit cards, everything really."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger