Headlines News :
Home » , » Ruthless Clijsters through

Ruthless Clijsters through

Written By Sizzling LEO on Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 1:00 AM

Belgian blows away Zvonareva

Kim Clijsters produced a ruthless display to advance into the Australian Open final with a straights set victory over Vera Zvonareva.

The US Open champion was simply too strong for Zvonareva as she breezed to a 6-3 6-3 win in just one hour and 13 minutes.

Clijsters, who will now face Li Na in Saturday's showpiece, admitted she had raised her game to see off the second seeded Zvonareva.

"I tried really hard on every point and I knew I had to because Vera is a tough player," she said.

"I knew I had to be on top of my game and lift my level from the other matches I have played here so far.

Dictate 
"I tried to rise to the occasion, I have been on tour a long time, played a lot of matches, not always won them but even if you lose you learn from them.

"I tried to dictate the points and move around well, make my opponent play one extra shot.

"Even if you are not playing your best you have to fight to be the last one standing."

Things had got off to a slow start for Clijsters, as she dropped her first service game on Rod Laver Arena.

However she responded immediately to level and from that moment the Belgian never looked back.

She raced into a 5-3 lead in the first set before serving it out, while Clijsters broke Zvonareva twice in the second set on her way to victory.
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger