Headlines News :
Home » , , » Surrey snap up Arafat

Surrey snap up Arafat

Written By Sizzling LEO on Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 11:07 AM

Pakistan all-rounder commits for the 2011 season

Pakistan all-rounder Yasir Arafat has agreed to be Surrey's overseas player for the forthcoming county season.

The 28-year-old has committed to Surrey for the entire season, with Australia's Shaun Tait joining him for the Friends Provident t20 competition.

And Arafat, who has previously played for Sussex, Kent and Scotland, has set his sights on winning promotion at the Oval.

Arafat said: "I am delighted to have the chance to play for Surrey next season and look forward to working with (Surrey cricket manager) Chris Adams again.

"It is a great opportunity and I am looking forward to helping the club get back into the LV= County Championship First Division and being a part of the county's future success."

Adams believes Arafat can be a quality performer for Surrey in all forms of the game.

Adams added: "Signing a player like Yasir Arafat will give us the stability that we have searched for in our overseas signing.

"I have spent much of the winter searching for that elusive spin option to complement the squad but have been unable to find a suitable option.

"Having also factored in Chris Tremlett's emergence as a quality Test bowler I have opted for a different approach in Yasir Arafat.

"We have not got the overseas position right now for some years at Surrey, but in Yasir I believe we have a very solid performer and very rounded individual who will add quality to the squad in all forms of the game."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger