Headlines News :
Home » , , » Triaud offers Tigana backing

Triaud offers Tigana backing

Written By Sizzling LEO on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 | 11:48 AM

Bordeaux boss assured his position is safe

Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud has played down talk suggesting coach Jean Tigana could be fired.

Speculation regarding the manager's future has gathered pace of late as Bordeaux continue to frustrate.

A disappointing campaign has left them 11 points adrift in the Ligue 1 title race, while they were eliminated from the French Cup by second tier outfit Angers.

Such troubles have been difficult to stomach and have seen pressure mount on Tigana's shoulders.

Triaud, though, insists the former France international remains the right man for the job and has called on the Bordeaux players to dig themselves out of a rut.

He told L'Equipe: "The option of replacing the coach has never been discussed.

Crazy
"There is no split in the camp, there is no rejection, and I am convinced that we can turn things around.

"I have had a lot of calls from agents offering me the likes of Enzo Scifo and [Alessandro] Costacurta. It is crazy.

"The players are the key. I would like our players to communicate better on the pitch. I can't hear them.

"Changing the technical staff is an idea that I don't agree with.

"Our slump has not happened in the last six months, but over the last year. At the end of Laurent Blanc's reign it was exactly the same."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger