Four-time major champion also wants to complete grand slam
Phil Mickelson has revealed that one of his leading career targets is now to reach 50 tournament victories.
The 40-year-old currently has 38 wins to his name and is hopeful of adding at least another 12 before he calls time on his illustrious career.
Indeed, having narrowly missed out on adding another to his tally at Torrey Pines last week, Mickelson believes he is playing well enough to reach his target in the not too distant future.
"I'm 12 away," he said. "I really think that's an attainable goal and maybe in a short period of time.
"I just think it has a magic ring to it and to be able to do it in this day and age would be a great accomplishment."
Majors also remain high on the American's list of priorities with Mickelson keen to add victories at the US Open and Open Championship to complete a career grand slam.
"The Masters is a tournament that I just love and I'd love to keep trying to add to the three victories I've had there," he added.
"Also it would be something if I could somehow get a win in the US and British Opens and get a career slam.
"I think the US Open I'll have a number of opportunities. The British will be a big challenge for me."
Mickelson has only ever had one top-10 finish at the Open Championship, coming third at Royal Troon in 2004.
The 40-year-old currently has 38 wins to his name and is hopeful of adding at least another 12 before he calls time on his illustrious career.
Indeed, having narrowly missed out on adding another to his tally at Torrey Pines last week, Mickelson believes he is playing well enough to reach his target in the not too distant future.
"I'm 12 away," he said. "I really think that's an attainable goal and maybe in a short period of time.
"I just think it has a magic ring to it and to be able to do it in this day and age would be a great accomplishment."
Majors also remain high on the American's list of priorities with Mickelson keen to add victories at the US Open and Open Championship to complete a career grand slam.
"The Masters is a tournament that I just love and I'd love to keep trying to add to the three victories I've had there," he added.
"Also it would be something if I could somehow get a win in the US and British Opens and get a career slam.
"I think the US Open I'll have a number of opportunities. The British will be a big challenge for me."
Mickelson has only ever had one top-10 finish at the Open Championship, coming third at Royal Troon in 2004.

Post a Comment