Headlines News :
Home » , » Rees: No issues up front

Rees: No issues up front

Written By Sizzling LEO on Thursday, February 3, 2011 | 1:21 AM

Wales captain backing James and Mitchell to shine

Wales captain Matthew Rees has backed his new-look front-row to shine against England at the Millennium Stadium on Friday.

Injuries to Gethin Jenkins and Adam Jones mean Rees is the sole Lions survivor up front for the RBS Six Nations opener.

As a result Paul James and Craig Mitchell have come into the side to face the daunting prospect of taking on England's fearsome trio of Andrew Sheridan, Dylan Hartley and Dan Cole.

But although Mitchell will be making his first international start, Rees insists Wales can silence England's pack in Cardiff.

"I don't think there are any issues there, really," said Rees.

"Paul has done a great job for us in the past when Gethin hasn't been fit, and Craig Mitchell has been putting in good performances for the Ospreys.
Pressure

"This is a great opportunity for Craig, and I am sure he will take it with both hands."

Meanwhile Wales No.8 Andy Powell claims his switch to Wasps has helped to resurrect his international career.

Powell found himself in the international wilderness 12 months ago following the now infamous 'buggy-gate' incident.

However, he is a reborn player following his summer move from Cardiff Blues to Wasps.

And Powell said: "The move has been great. I am thoroughly enjoying my rugby at the moment.

"I've had a run of games, and I'm playing week in, week out. If you are playing four or five games on the trot, you are mentally fit and match fit.

"I wanted to get back playing to where I knew I could, and I've done it and now I am back here. I am the kind of guy who likes a bit of pressure."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger