Headlines News :
Home » , » Bradley - I'm number one

Bradley - I'm number one

Written By Sizzling LEO on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 | 11:18 AM

Desert Storm ready for unification war

Timothy Bradley says he will prove he is the world's number one light-welterweight against Devon Alexander.

The two champions meet head on in a mouthwatering unification showdown at the Silverdome in Michigan on Saturday night, a fight you can see live on Sky Sports on Sunday morning.

Bradley is the WBO champion and is unbeaten in 26 fights. Alexander brings the WBC belt with him and is also undefeated in 21 pro contests.

It is easily the biggest fight of the year to date has huge interest here in Britain with WBA boss Amir Khan lined up to take on the winner in the summer.

And Bradley, having cleared up a misunderstanding with the WBC, is convinced he will be the one with both belts, on a collision course with the Brit.

"I'm ready to go 12 hard rounds," he said. "I'm going to give it everything I got.

"He's trying to take food off my table. Anyone doing that has got to go, I got to get rid of him.

"I am seeded No. 1 and he has to prove to the world that he is better than I am. I am fired up, I'm ready and I'm hungry to show the world that I am the best 140-pounder out there."

Bradley is the slight favourite heading into the fight, which will be his fifth as a world champion.

His reign began back in May 2008 when he came to Nottingham and took the WBC belt away from Junior Witter but had it taken off him in 2009 and took over as the WBO champion.

His fall-out with the first governing body, which came after a winning unification fight with Kendall Holt, had left him with the prospect of not being recognised as the WBC's champion.

But his promote, Gary Shaw, says both titles are officially up for grabs after Bradley agreed to pay the three per cent sanctioning fee.a

"My reaction and my feeling is that I think that it's wonderful that the WBC has chosen to recognize him as the great fighter that Tim Bradley is and that he is now being given the chance to fight for the title."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger