England stand-off replaces Hodgson
Huddersfield have named England stand-off Kevin Brown as their new captain for the forthcoming season.
The 26-year-old replaces Brett Hodgson, who has left for Warrington, with Brown having previously filled the role on a temporarily basis last season.
"It's a tremendous honour for me and one I was delighted to accept," said Brown.
"It's an incredibly proud moment for me. I've played under some great captains in my career so far and I'll be trying to lead by example and be as consistent throughout the year as I can be."
Giants coach Nathan Brown believes the former Wigan ace will offer stability to the club.
Nathan Brown said: "Kev has shown that he consistently does the right things on and off the field and he is not frightened to challenge other players to do the same.
"The big bonus that Kev will have is that he has a good group of senior players around him who will definitely support him as captain and the fact that he is contracted to the club for the next five years offers some good stability for everyone involved."
"It's a tremendous honour for me and one I was delighted to accept," said Brown.
"It's an incredibly proud moment for me. I've played under some great captains in my career so far and I'll be trying to lead by example and be as consistent throughout the year as I can be."
Giants coach Nathan Brown believes the former Wigan ace will offer stability to the club.
Nathan Brown said: "Kev has shown that he consistently does the right things on and off the field and he is not frightened to challenge other players to do the same.
"The big bonus that Kev will have is that he has a good group of senior players around him who will definitely support him as captain and the fact that he is contracted to the club for the next five years offers some good stability for everyone involved."

Post a Comment