Headlines News :
Home » , » Hook positive over Wales

Hook positive over Wales

Written By Sizzling LEO on Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 1:07 AM

Perpignan-bound back insists move will not hamper ambitions

James Hook insists his move to Perpignan will not hamper his international ambitions.

The talented back has agreed a three-year deal to move to France at the end of the season, with Hook set to make his debut after the World Cup.

And Hook's agent Derwyn Jones claims that the contract covers the release of the 25-year-old for Wales.

"We have had assurances that James will be available for all international matches. He will join up with Perpignan after the World Cup," said Jones.

"There are no certainties. It is the same for James Hook, Jonny Wilkinson and every player playing in France.

"When you are making a move like this, you can't base a decision on that you will be playing for Wales in two or three years' time or the availability for one (extra) international a season."

Aspirations
Hook is set to win his 48th cap in the RBS Six Nations opener against England at the Millennium Stadium.

And Hook insists he wants to remain involved in the Wales squad - with the fly-half or centre already holding talks with coach Warren Gatland over his future.

"I still have huge aspirations to play for Wales, and I want to be involved in as many games as I can," said Hook.

"I have spoken to Warren and expressed my desire to go over there, and in fairness he has been great and said he is not going to hold me back.

"Ultimately, it was my decision, but Warren and Rob have been great, and the Ospreys coaches have also given me support after I announced my decision to leave.

"The last few months I have known in my head I was going. It is a huge decision. It is not just me involved, it is my fiancée Kim and my little boy Harrison.

"Obviously, it is a rugby decision as well, but the positives far outweigh the negatives."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger