Adelaide hero keen to increase workload with the ball
Jonathan Trott believes he can develop into a batting all-rounder and fill the role vacated by Paul Collingwood in England's Test side.
Trott scored a century and then took two wickets - his first scalps at international level - in the 21-run win over Australia in the fourth one-day international in Adelaide on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old knows he still has plenty of work to do to improve his self-confessed "bits and pieces" medium pace bowling but is willing to put the hours in.
"I've had a chat with (bowling coach) David Saker and we're going to work hard at that," he said.
"If I could bowl like Colly has in this tour then definitely I can help the side.
"When called upon to bowl it is always nice to contribute.
"I know how cricket can be, it can be a nice game and it can be a horrible game sometimes."
Trott scored a century and then took two wickets - his first scalps at international level - in the 21-run win over Australia in the fourth one-day international in Adelaide on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old knows he still has plenty of work to do to improve his self-confessed "bits and pieces" medium pace bowling but is willing to put the hours in.
"I've had a chat with (bowling coach) David Saker and we're going to work hard at that," he said.
"If I could bowl like Colly has in this tour then definitely I can help the side.
"When called upon to bowl it is always nice to contribute.
"I know how cricket can be, it can be a nice game and it can be a horrible game sometimes."

Post a Comment