Headlines News :
Home » , , » Harrison hits out

Harrison hits out

Written By Sizzling LEO on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 | 10:03 PM

Linebacker questions motives behind NFL clampdown

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison remains unhappy with the NFL's crackdown on illegal hits to the head, claiming it is being done purely to protect revenues rather than out of a genuine concern for player safety.

Harrison, currently preparing for Super Bowl XLV in Arlington where his Steelers will take on the NFC-champion Green Bay Packers, has been fined $125,000 by the league for a series of incidents this season.

"The league is doing whatever they need to do that helps them make more money," he said.

"If you hit (quarterbacks) Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and you concuss them and they can't play the next game, a lot of people might not tune in to watch. It is whatever makes them more money."
Mocked

Harrison also mocked NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's tough stance in a message delivered during Super Bowl week media day.

"I don't want to hurt nobody, I don't want to step on nobody's foot and hurt their toe," said Harrison.

"I just want to tackle them softly on the ground and, if you all can, lay a pillow down where I'm going to tackle them so they don't hit the ground too hard, Mr Goodell."

And Harrison even suggested not every concussion is bad enough for a player to leave a game or go on the injured list.

"I had concussions at the pro level and it wasn't bad enough where I needed to come out the game," he added.

"I will put it like this: if you don't tell them, they don't know unless you get knocked out and you're sitting there with your arm stuck in the air."
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Danka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger