Gunners starlet targets first-team recall following serious injury
Aaron Ramsey is keen to use a loan spell at a Cardiff as a springboard for a first-team recall at Arsenal.
The Wales international has returned to his former club on a month-long loan as he continues to work on his fitness following a badly broken leg.
He recently took in a similar spell with the Bluebirds' Championship rivals Nottingham Forest, but saw the weather prevent him from getting the game time he had hoped for at the City Ground.
The 20-year-old is convinced he is not too far away from the level he was at before being his injury, though, and is confident a short stay with Cardiff will allow him to prove his worth to Arsene Wenger.
"If going out on loan again for a month to get a few more games helps me get back into shape quicker and into the Arsenal team, then I will do that," he told the Gunners' official website.
"I just want to get back to playing regularly and get back into the Arsenal team as quickly as I can.
Switched on
"I feel good and my fitness is good. I've worked hard on it.
"I just need to get back into the swing of things, play some games and get my mind switched back on to the atmosphere of a game."
Ramsey's stay at Cardiff is set to come to an end on 26th February, but that gives him seven games in which to work on his match sharpness.
"I've been out for such a long time, like I said I just want to get some game time," he added.
"My goals are to get a few games in, get back to where I was and get back into the Arsenal team on a regular basis."
The Wales international has returned to his former club on a month-long loan as he continues to work on his fitness following a badly broken leg.
He recently took in a similar spell with the Bluebirds' Championship rivals Nottingham Forest, but saw the weather prevent him from getting the game time he had hoped for at the City Ground.
The 20-year-old is convinced he is not too far away from the level he was at before being his injury, though, and is confident a short stay with Cardiff will allow him to prove his worth to Arsene Wenger.
"If going out on loan again for a month to get a few more games helps me get back into shape quicker and into the Arsenal team, then I will do that," he told the Gunners' official website.
"I just want to get back to playing regularly and get back into the Arsenal team as quickly as I can.
Switched on
"I feel good and my fitness is good. I've worked hard on it.
"I just need to get back into the swing of things, play some games and get my mind switched back on to the atmosphere of a game."
Ramsey's stay at Cardiff is set to come to an end on 26th February, but that gives him seven games in which to work on his match sharpness.
"I've been out for such a long time, like I said I just want to get some game time," he added.
"My goals are to get a few games in, get back to where I was and get back into the Arsenal team on a regular basis."

Post a Comment